Hi Eric,

>I just upgraded from b2 to b3 and it seems too easy.  Is this really
>all there is to it?

Yes, could be even easier, see below ;)

>(On a WRAP board with CF card for storage)
>
>* Mount .bin on loop device, copy contents to CF card
>
>* Modify initrd.lrp, adding ide-related modules

You can also download the initrd_ide.lrp package, rename it to initrd.
lrp and use that one. Instead of modifying the package yourself.

>* Modify leaf.cfg to use /dev/hda1 instead of /dev/fd0
>
>* Copy configdb.lrp from working b2 install
>
>* Boot, delete unneeded modules, backup moddb.lrp and boot again.

In this case you could use your previous moddb package, because it's
the same kernel version. There is also no need to reboot afterwards
because the unneeded modules are not loaded anyway.

>And it just works.  Without running 'apkg -u', which I though was
>necessary.  If I were using a floppy instead of a CF card half the
>steps would have been unnecessary.

Apkg -u is meant to update a few packages without the need to reboot,
or if the config file of a package has changed in an uncompatible way
upstream and you need some user intervention. But your method of
booting with the previous configdb also works in most cases and can
be easier with a full update.

>The separate config db is brilliant.  Thanks!
>
>--Eric
>--
Eric