I _had_ a working Bering Leaf  UClibc 3.0 Beta 1 running off a CF card!
I then tried upgrading to beta 2 and now can't boot off the CF card and
have to use a floppy.

I'm now trying to repair my CF setup, but run into a problem:

I can boot from the floppy, which has an ide kernel and then mount the
cf card (/dev/hda1) to inspect the configuration. It all appears OK.,
with  the package and lrp paths correctly pointing to /dev/hda1. the cf
also has the same ide kernel as the floppy. If I boot from the card, it
boots as far as attempting to load the packages, but reports that the
PKGPATH and LRP paths aren't set, and panics. It appears that although
I'm using the same ide kernel that successfully detects my /dev/hda1 on
the floppy setup, the same kernel doesn't when installed on the cf. I
don't know how my 'upgrading' broke the setup and I'm not sure where to
look now. I _would_ like to get it sorted, as it was far more convenient
to boot off the CF card!

Ideas, anyone, please?

Jim Ford