KP Kirchdoerfer wrote:
> Hi Jim;
>
> Am Samstag, 11. November 2006 19:12 schrieb Jim Ford:
>
>> I _had_ a working Bering Leaf  UClibc 3.0 Beta 1 running off a CF card!
>> I then tried upgrading to beta 2 and now can't boot off the CF card and
>> have to use a floppy.
>>

> Any reason you want to update to beta2 instead of beta3?

I started this before beta3 and had already got the beta2 stuff on the cf.

>> I'm now trying to repair my CF setup, but run into a problem:
>>
>> I can boot from the floppy, which has an ide kernel and then mount the
>> cf card (/dev/hda1) to inspect the configuration. It all appears OK.,
>> with  the package and lrp paths correctly pointing to /dev/hda1. the cf
>> also has the same ide kernel as the floppy. If I boot from the card, it
>> boots as far as attempting to load the packages, but reports that the
>> PKGPATH and LRP paths aren't set, and panics. It appears that although
>> I'm using the same ide kernel that successfully detects my /dev/hda1 on
>> the floppy setup, the same kernel doesn't when installed on the cf. I
>> don't know how my 'upgrading' broke the setup and I'm not sure where to
>> look now. I _would_ like to get it sorted, as it was far more convenient
>> to boot off the CF card!
>>

> Sounds to me like a pb with syslinux.cfg, leaf.cfg and the place the leaf.cfg
> is searched.

I think so too, but I've pored over the files without spotting anything.

leaf.cfg:  PKGPATH="/dev/hda1:msdos" - but the kernel says that PKGPATH
is empty.
syslinux.cfg: LEAFCFG=/dev/hda1:msdos - but again, the kernel says that
LEAFCFG is empty!

as I mentioned previously, the problem seems to be that  although I'm
using the same kernel on the cf as on the floppy,  /dev/hda1 is detected
with the floppy, but not the cf.. I've run diff on the kernels and
they're the same.

I've also run syslinux.com off a msdos floppy, but it made no difference
- I didn't expect it to as the kernel is found and starts to boot.

Thanks for the help 'KP'!

Jim