Hi Brad,

>I've just been trying to get access to an access point that only allows
>telnet access.
>
>I'm using bering ulibc 2.4.1
>
>I installed the netkit telnet pacakge (30 some K)
>which requires (but does not list that it requires)
>libcxx (300 some K) and libm (200 some K).
>
>That's one heavy telnet package.  And I can't even connect to the access
>point after all that (I added
>
>Telnet/ACCEPT  fw loc
>
>to my shorewall rules and there are no errors in the log file - it just
>times out.
>
>I looked around a bit and see that busybox has a built-in telnet...  Any
>reason that it's not available?

A few reasons:
Busybox telnet is a telnet daemon, not a client.
Telnet is unsafe and almost legacy.
It's not really a good idea to have a telnet client on a firewall (
security wise), so adding it by default is a no go.

But why do you want to connect to your accesspoint from the Bering-
uClibc system instead of from a host pc?

>brad

Eric