Hi Brad,

>> But why do you want to connect to your accesspoint from the Bering-
>> uClibc system instead of from a host pc?
>
>There is no host pc  on this remote network ... just the firewall, an
>access point and clients.  So there isn't really another option for me.
>

>According to http://busybox.net/downloads/BusyBox.html ,
>there is a telnet client in busybox in addition to the server.
>...tee, telnet, telnetd, test, ...
>
>If it's okay to have an ssh client on a firewall, I'm not sure i
>understand why it's not okay to have a telnet client.  Surely you don't
>want a telnet server.

It's also not a good idea to have a ssh client on a firewall. If
someone manage to break into your firewall you don't want him to have
tools to hop further.

>I don't know much about busybox - but i guess it would be possible to
>ship a busybox+ package that replaces the /bin/busybox executable with
>one having more features. So you wouldn't have to include it in the
>default install.

The busybox program is part of initrd.lrp and the busybox symlinks
are created at boottime in linuxrc. So you need a custom initrd.lrp
package. You can build your own initrd package using the buildtool
framework.

>Brad

Eric