Hello Mats,

Die Kumpels aus Duisburg ham 'n Lob wirklich verdient. :-)

I also have an old disk for reconfiguring my 3c509-nics, based on Novell-DOS
and a program I downloaded from the 3com website.

There is also a debian-packages called nictools-nopci:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ apt-cache show nictools-nopci
Package: nictools-nopci
Section: net
Installed-Size: 248
Maintainer: Alain Schroeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.3.2-7
Replaces: 3c5x9utils, wdsetup
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4)
Suggests: nictools-pci
Conflicts: 3c5x9utils, wdsetup
Filename: pool/main/n/nictools-nopci/nictools-nopci_1.3.2-7_i386.deb
Size: 62738
MD5sum: b1893f94207b2c87a3eb39d489f72705
 These are tools to diagnostic problems with your non-PCI ethernet cards.
 Some card can be set up or the EEPROM can be updated.
 .
  3c515-diag    : Diagnostic program for 3Com 3c515 Ethernet cards
  3c5x9setup    : Setup program for 3Com EtherLink III Ethernet cards
  at1700-diag   : Diagnostic program for the Allied Telesis AT1700
  atlantic-setup: Setup program for AT/LANTIC DP83905 Ethernet cards
  atp-diag      : Diagnostic for Realtek RTL8002/RTL8012 pocket Ethernet
                  adapter
  eexpress      : Diagnostic program for Intel EtherExpress 16 cards
  el3diag       : Diagnostic program for 3c509 and 3c579 Ethernet cards
  e21-diag      : Diagnostic program for Cabletron E2100 Ethernet cards
  hp+-diag      : Diagnostic program for HP PC LAN+ (27247B & 27252A) cards
  hp100vg-diag  : Diagnostic program for Lucent ATT2MD01 Ethernet cards
  ne2k-diag     : Diagnostics and EEPROM setup for NE2000 clones
  wdsetup       : Configuration utility for Western Digital and SMC Ethernet
                  cards

3c5x9setup is usable and works, but it will not run on a LEAF-box
And the original 3com tool 3c5x9cfg.exe is much prettier.

Regards Thomas

* Mats Erik Andersson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [061125 20:10]: