-- Eric Spakman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I see, in the kernel config the next option is not enabled:
>CONFIG_AIC7XXX_PROBE_EISA_VL

I did do some looking around to see if there was a kernel config file
or documentation without finding it.  That could have been helpful.

>If you have access to a linux machine, you can compile a 2.4.32
>kernel with only this module and option enabled. Otherwise let me
>know and I will compile such a module.

That's a module?  If it were a module on a SCSI drive, we'd have a
Catch-22, wouldn't we?  (Unless it were in an initrd, of course.)

I do have a LFS 2.4.31 system, but I admit I'm not quite capable of
playing with different system levels with the secure knowledge I won't
mess up my production system in an way.  I see there's a Patch 34 out,
so I could upgrade to patch level 32, and recompile there.  Would I be
able to import that module, even though probably everything else about
my production system is different than the Bering-uClibc development
environment?

OTOH, let me ask if perhaps it shouldn't be an update to the
Bering-uClibc-2.4.2 kernel/modules?  Somebody else might need it.  If
you compile it, then it could get fixed for everybody.  (OK, I admit,
_most_ Bering users are going to run on more minimal systems without
SCSI hard-drives.  Still...   ;-)