>>I was suspicious that it was smaller, and there were so many new
modules.

On second look, it wasn't so much smaller.  Why were some modules
selected for the tarball and others left out?

>> VFS: Can't find a Minix or Minix V2 filesystem on device 08:01.
>>
>The last line looks a bit suspicious, it has nothing todo with the scsi
>driver but something is not working properly.

No, it's right.  The drives aren't Minix filesystems.

>I wonder where you found that stuff, the only place I know of with some
>old cruft is the
>"http://leaf.cvs.sourceforge.net/leaf/src/bering-uclibc/configs/";
>directory. But this directory can only be removed by the sourceforge
staff.
>All sources (up to date) are in the
>"http://leaf.cvs.sourceforge.net/leaf/src/bering-uclibc/apps/";
>directory.

I was just looking under every rock that looked like it might hide
something interesting.  My suggestion would be README files in the first
few levels of directories identifying contents and pointers to
alternative locations for similar or updated content.

>Yup, I was about to remove that option from the kernel config ;-)

No, I think that would be a mistake.  (Now I need to edit root.blk to add
SCSI CDROMs.)  The thing is, many of us don't buy into the "Detroit
Paradigm" of upgrading HW/SW vendors try to sell users on.  Faster isn't
necessarily better, especially when it comes bundled with the expensive
latest version of, umm, "bloatware".  ;-)  When one has older hardware,
it may be necessary or desireable to use contemporaneous software.  It
can be very frustrating when it's all been dumped into the bit-bucket.
I'm still using Bering-1.2 on my firewall.  It doesn't seem to be broke,
and I don't really want to suffer the outage for doing the upgrade.
Something could happen.

>>  to miss clues.  But ya' know, in my entire career, error messages
have
>> NEVER been as helpful as they need to be and they've never gotten any
>> better.

And that's been a while.  You might be amazed about the first computer I
programmed:
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/Ibm1620.html

Paul Rogers  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/
http://www.geocities.com/paulgrogers/
(I do not personally endorse any additions after this line. TANSTAAFL
:-)