-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Eastep
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 8:05 PM
To: Andrew Nance
Cc: leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] shorewall rule help

Andrew Nance wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to allow outside connections to my local computer using
windows
> remote desktop.
> The shorewall rule I am using is not working, in fact it disables internet
> traffic, at the very least, from my local computers out to the internet.
> I was hoping someone could help me out.
>

> ACTION        SOURCE          DEST            PROTO   DEST    SOURCE
ORIGINAL
> RATE          USER/           PORT    PORT(S)         DEST
> LIMIT    GROUP
>
> DNAT  net             loc:192.168.1.110 tcp   3389    -
> 24.227.166.196:3389

The reason that the rule is disabling internet traffic is that it is an
invalid rule. The ORIGINAL DEST column can't include ":<port>"; where
did you get the notion that it could?

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]