Hello,

I would like to add my own straw to the camel's back.
I last used a floppy (DSL, not LEAF, I think) about four years ago as an
emergency boot. (My CF was scrambled, and the backup had found its way into
a childs camera...).

My current LEAF box would not fit into a floppy - it is 3.1MB. However, I do
remember spending a rather nice afternoon paring down the setup so it
*would* fit. I found that:
1. The rigor of the floppy-limit made me think about what I wanted from the
box, what I wanted to do, and how I could do it.
2. The embedded-ish box I was working towards responded well to a smaller
installation - it leaves more space for logging/debugging/tracing. Is it
true that  'smaller' still has some practical value on very tiny devices?
3. Smaller boots faster. (mostly) (sometimes?) Or am I kidding myself?

Of these, I like the first the best - the size limit is an essentially
arbitrary restriction that focuses me on getting what I want cleanly and
well. If we were doing poetry, LEAF is a Haiku, not a Scandinavian epic.

Sam