Currently, I run dd-wrt on my wrt-54gs as a router. I was thinking of building
a pentium-3 with 512meg RAM and two network cards as a new router, and am
considering LEAF. I will have my internet ethernet go to this router, and all
my computers will be on a switch which is connected to the other side of this
router via uplink. Bering uClibc looks good, as it has support for ppp-oe out
of the box. My question is this, could I build a package that would, say,
always be present and if there is a request for anything on the myspace domain,
it will twiddle its thumbs for like 10 seconds, then fulfill the request? She
is on that damn site 24/7! All she ever does is just sit there and refresh, and
send replys all day and night. If I just block the domain entirely, she will
know something is up. If I make it take a frusteratingly long time to do
anything, she will think it is just their server, and will eventually give up
entirely, as will simply take too long to get anything done. Also, it would be
cool to make it have like a 1 in 4 chance of timing out and dropping the
request entirely. I have tried to get her to stop wasting her time on this site
and nothing works. She doesn't pay for the broadband, and none of the computers
are hers. Just blocking the domain would be too "mean", so I have come up with
this solution. I will figure out how to implement it, just wondering if someone
knows first if it is possible? Second, will it take up bandwith in other areas
just having this package running? And thirdly, do I even need to build a
package, or can I configure an existing package to have this effect? Thank you
very much for you time in reading this request, and all input will be greatly
appreciated!