-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Erich Titl
Sent: Thursday, 28 February 2008 10:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Problem with Intel dual port Gigabit network
adaptor

Fabricio Vargas schrieb:
> Hi All.
>
> I got a New DELL PowerEdge 860 and it comes with a  Intel model D33682
> dual port Gigabit network adaptor. It's a PCI-Express card. I tried to
> install the new version of Bering Uclib 3.1 and I could not recognize
> the card.
> Other linux distributions recognize the card with the module e1000 (I
> probed with IPCop it has the same kernel 2.4.34 and works fine) but when
> i make the command i got this error.
>
> #insmod e1000.o
> Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - version 5.7.6-k1
> Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Intel Corporation.
> insmod: init_module: e1000: no such device.
>
> Any idea what is the problem?

The driver version for the modern Gigabit cards, the current one is
7.6.15.4

I have been able to compile it for 2.4.34 but having no such hardware it
is difficult to test the functionality :-(

If you want I can send you my driver off list, as soon as I am satisfied
it works I will put it on CVS

cheers

Erich