Sounds familiar...

I had the same problem when trying to compile the GeoIP module into
iptables. Turns out this version of iptables is very non-descriptive and
shows this error if you forgot to load a (dependant) kernel module.

Gordon

cpu memhd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is something I ran into a long time ago. When ucbering 2.x went from
> iptables 1.3.1 to 1.3.5, I noticed that shorewall went from:
>
> Connection Tracking Match: Available

> Connection Tracking Match: Not available
>
> I wasn't quite sure if this was a self inflicted wound since I compile my
> own kernel and packages, so I stayed with iptables 1.3.1 but upgraded all
> the other packages. With ucBering 3.1 I'm now using iptables 1.3.5 and I
> want to use conntrack with the --ctorigdst option but it doesn't work:
>
> iptables conntrack "Unknown error -1"
>
> Doesn't work with any option, actually.
>
> On my older boxes with iptables 1.3.1 it works fine.
> -cpu

> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Gordon Bos
Q-RY Solutions
Martinus Nijhofflaan 2
2624 ES  Delft
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)15 256 4035
Fax: +31 (0)15 256 4074

Q-RY Solutions is distributeur van Pervasive Software en ConnecTUX
software, en draagt zorg voor consultancy, levering, ondersteuning,
installatie en training.