Thanks a lot Erich :) You made my day!

It was just adding the word "RSA" in /etc/ipsec.secrets, and connection
is established :)

one other question for general understandment though.. On the leaf
system a separate interface is brought up ipsec0
and on my other pc it's just eth0 which is being used, making it
useless for its former connection with the leaf system..
So no more pinging or ssh connection is possible..

Tom