Ralph

Ralph Green schrieb:
> Howdy Erich,
>

>  Both the HP and the Neoware boxes are similar in their ide
> configuration.  The motherboards have only one ide connector.  It is a
> 44 pin connector with male pins on the motherboard.  I have the removed
> diskonmodule devices right in front of me and they are definitely 44
> pins.  There is no proper place inside to mount a hard drive, so getting
> the systems to boot off the diskonmodules will work best.  I can plug a
> laptop drive onto the connector with the case apart and boot them.  But,
> if I boot that way, I can't have the diskonmodule plugged in to reflash
> it.  I put a CF card to laptop ide adapter in one of these and it does
> work.  But, since there is no proper place to mount the drive, it is
> just a big box laying inside the PC.  I put it into the box, because I
> did not want two electrical things touching each other, but I am not
> sure this is along term safe idea either.
>  I do see that my question is a hardware issue, and not directly a LEAF
> issue.  But, I had been reading about LEAF, since it is a system I want
> to try for these devices and I ran across some old messages on the
> mailing list talking about these modules.  It seems like a related issue
> to me, since it is about how I can use LEAF.  I will cease asking about
> it, if the consensus here is that I should

Seeing that the Neoware box allows to load a LInux System you should be
able to use this one to flash LEAF to your box, if PXE, like KP
suggested, does not work. Your experiment with the 2.5 inch drive
suggests that the pin layout is standard. So all you need is to get one
ot these 2.5 to 3.5 adapters, stick pins into all the holes and use it
as an adapter for your device. This is a real horrible hardware hack but
if everything else fails it might do the job for you. HP is not very
informative on parts and manuals for this product.

cheers

Erich