Howdy,
  This is pretty interesting.  I thought no one was making them with
write protect anymore.  I have been using a USB to SD card adapter and
SD cards, because the SD cards usually have a write protect switch.
Now, I wonder if any of these write protectable USB drives use good NAND
memory.  Most of them these days are MLC(junk), instead of SLC.  None of
the drives in this list said anything in their specs about the type of
flash chips they are using.  Do you know any that use SLC(Single Level
Cell) and have a write protect switch?  If they were close to reasonably
priced, I'd have to go buy a few.
Good day,
Ralph