My tor client (running on BuC 4.2b1) is warning me that the server
version I'm using is needing an update:

> [warn] Please upgrade! This version of Tor (0.2.2.33) is not recommended,
> according to the directory authorities. Recommended versions are:
> 0.2.1.32
> 0.2.2.35
> 0.2.3.10-alpha
> 0.2.3.11-alpha
> 0.2.3.12-alpha
> 0.2.3.13-alpha

(I'm partial to 0.2.2.25 myself, given that it's non-alpha, but would be
thankful for any version that makes the tor network more secure.)

The version repo for tor is here, if it's helpful:
https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/?C=N;O=A

=========================

BTW, I happened to notice that atop the 4.x packages page
(http://leaf.sourceforge.net/bering-uclibc/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=13&MMN_position=33:33)

it mentions that the listed pkgs only work for 4.2+.

Question: Will I be able to still use these pkgs with a 4.2 beta 1 platform?

Suggestion: Clarify on that page that the limitation for 4.2 is for "4.2
*release*+", or "4.2 beta 1+" or ...?

Suggestion: Adjust the text for the 4.x pkgs (on the left side of most
leaf.SF pages) to instead read "4.2+" pkgs, to aid in people noticing
this diversion from the usual 4.X coverage?

Suggestion: Adjust the text atop the actual page of listed pkgs, that
currently reads "Please note: These packages are only for Bering-uClibc
versions 4.2 and above." to be in red. I felt lucky that I noticed it
because I don't usually peruse the page and instead just home in on the
pkg that I want to look into.

I guess that I find this diversion (from the past 10 yrs of a major LEAF
version having common pkgs) startling.

Cheers, & thanks for LEAF!