Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 00:14:57 +0200
From: "Northe, Juergen [tux-net]" <j...@tux-net.de>
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Fwd: Re: ez-ipupdate replacement?
To: leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi
thank you very much for your script. Freedns seems to be a brilliant
replacement for dyndns.

I  tested it with 4.x and it works with two annotations

PPPADDR=`ip addr sh dev ppp0 | grep inet  | sed -e
"s/inet//;s/peer.*$//;s/^     //"`
pressing 6 times space bar between   ^ and //

if [ "$PPPADDR" != "$DYNADDR" ] ; then
"" around the variables are required.

I suppose both are mangled by copy & paste function and I hope that they
are not getting mixed up again

cheers
Juergen

Hi Juergen,

I'm glad it worked for you.
I have looked and see no need for your two changes (at least, on the
version of busybox that I have).
OK the quotes don't matter as the content of the variables doesn't
expand, but you are right that it would be better practice to have them
and I will add them.
The sed expression is 'caret space star' which removes leading spaces
(regardless of how many) and seems fine to me. It is needed because "ip
addr" returns it's output with leading whitespace.

cheers,
Bob
--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.