Hi all;

Am Freitag, 30. August 2013, 00:21:54 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Hi Andrew
>
> at 29.08.2013 19:07, Andrew wrote:
> > Hi.
> > Maybe we should migrate to ddclient or some other binary client? It's
> > porting should be trivial.
>
> Possibly if there is enough interest. I have not found freedns on the
> list of supported protocols though.

While it's not documentated on the SF homepage of ddclient, the latest
ddclient sources does support freedns. The necessary config lines are
documented on the freedns page.

After establishing a freedns account, I've build a package for ddclient and
tested against freendns. It required some changes for perl.lrp (add more
modules than those are packaged to satisfy shorewall), but other than it's
looks pretty good.

The new package and the updated perl package will be available with the next
version. I hope it works for other free dns services as well, so we can fully
replace ezipupdate some time in the future. Therefor users of any other
service  should test if ddclient can replace ezipupdate, once it will be
available.

kp