Hi Timothy;

Am Mittwoch, 18. November 2015, 22:59:41 schrieb Timothy Wegner:
> Andrew or anyone,
>
> I am also having a problem upgrading from LEAF Bering-uClibc 5.2 to 5.2.1
> on a Soekris net4801. Boot fails immediately with the message:
>
> "This kernel requires the following features not present on the CPU: pae"
>
> I am using Bering-uClibc_5.2.1_i486_syslinux_serial19200.tar.gz, the same
> as I always have for earlier versions. Have the kernel compile options
> changed?

It has been changed by accident and I've messed it up, sorry.

The i486 flavour is in fact a i686 kernel.

We've tried to fix this today and will require some time to verify, but if all
goes well, you can expect a new version over the weekend.

In fact it has been problem since 5.2.1-beta1, but although we are releasing
beta and versions, none seems to test :(

I'll try to impove my own tests with qemu, but I'd like to encourage everyone
to give such versions a try on a spare machine or VM 's to avoid such major
bugs.

thx and sorry
kp