Hi Graziano

Am 05.05.2016 um 14:47 schrieb Graziano Brioschi:
Hi everyone,

today I have found a booting problem on a soekris net5501 using LEAF
version 5.2.5 for geode CPU
(Bering-uClibc_5.2.5_geode_syslinux_serial115200.tar.gz).

after the hardware POST, on serial console i can see (after tha i have
enabled the VERBOSE=1 variable in leaf.cfg):

SYSLINUX 6.03 EDD 2014-10-06 Copyright (C) 1994-2014 H. Peter Anvin et al

SYSLINUX 6.03 2014-10-06 Copyright (C) 1994-2014 H. Peter Anvin et al
okading /syslinux/linux...
okading /initrd.lrp...
okading /initmod.lrp...

and nothing more...

On the same machine, I can successfully boot leaf 5.2.3 for geode CPU.

Some suggestion? are there some problem with this specific version? Have
I do something wrong?

There is not really something I can think of. As it appears syslinux is loading initrd and initmod but then gets stuck. I am not using syslinux but there should be little difference. After loading initial ram disk it should execute init, which is just a shell script. The fact that setting VERBOSE in leaf.cfg changes something on your system makes me think that init is actually called but hangs somehow. I _believe_ init has not changed between 5.2.3 and 5.2.5, so I would first reset the VERBOSE setting as it cannot affect syslinux anyway. Then make very sure you have the correct initmod with your system.

cheers

Erich