In message <037ba1cd-da84-4ae9-8623-657f4cf8e...@noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>3) My own point of view focuses on the requirements for "wall
>clocks".  Civil timekeeping has (heretofore) been mean solar time
>[...]

You mean "has been within a couple of hours of mean solar time" ?

>4) The ITU proposal is basically an assertion that people don't care
>about mean solar time.

The fact that the majority of the earths population use a legal time
that is more than 15 minutes different from mean solaer time, would
seem to support the ITU in this.

Have you or others provided any documentation for the opposite claim ?

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956