In message <bf590d36-97c8-49fe-a6e3-1e4634c5b...@noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>A global village implies global citizens.  People have complex needs
>that place more stringent timekeeping requirements of all sorts now
>than 50 years ago.

Rob, you keep making these claims that a lot of 'needs' and 'requirements'
are being overlooked.

Why is it that you never offer a single concrete example ?

>The ITU proposal is simply a bad proposal.  Improve the proposal.
>Seek consensus before voting on the next one.

I think it is a pretty good proposal and I hope nobody get killed
by leap seconds before it takes effect.

Poul-Henning

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956