In message <1ed491e6-004f-4571-afdf-fefd4c255...@noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:
>On Nov 17, 2011, at 10:52 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> You seem to have misunderstood something very fundamental here:
>
>You are the one that started by describing a Danish project management scandal.

And you are the one who didn't bother to read and understand the entire
email, before you unleashed one of your sermons ?

>> UIC is the International Union of Railroads.  UIC 556 affects all railroads
>> in the world.
>
>So that means [...]

No, that means that all trains built in the last approx 10 years, are
built without handling for leapseconds.

For further reading, I can recommend the ERTMS(2) family of standards,
they integrate all trains in a control-domain in a wireless network
and does away with red/green lamps.

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956