Hi,

One quick comment -

Couldn't we computer folks start to use the very sensible ISO 8601 date format? For example

EXPIRATION_DATE=2457751 # 2016 12 28

-Brooks

On 2016-04-27 11:14 AM, John Sauter wrote:
I have written the sample code that Hal suggested, along with its data
file.  I attach both to this e-mail message, and they are included as
embedded files with the updated paper, which is at the usual URL:

https://www.systemeyescomputerstore.com/proleptic_UTC.pdf

The data file is preliminary, going back only to just before 1700.
  That is enough to be useful, but it does not cover the whole date
range.  The data also appears in the paper as a new table in section 8:
Extraordinary Days by Julian Day Number.  Completing the data file will
add about 25,000 lines to it, which might make the paper excessively
long if it were included as a table.  Would a shorter table be
acceptable, even after the data file is completed?

Also, any other comments on the paper would be appreciated.
     John Sauter (john_sau...@systemeyescomputerstore.com)