On 2016-04-27 05:11 PM, John Sauter wrote:
On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 15:13 -0400, Brooks Harris wrote:
I understand. But its always seemed to me those old formats should
be obsolesced, that ISO 8601 presented an attractive alternative,
that the YMDhms order made such good sense. Of course formats must
remain reverse compatible, so they've proably had to stick with what
they'd done. But in your case the whole timescale is new (wait, maybe
its old? :-) ) so its an opportunity to suggest adopting a more
sensible and modern lexicon.
-Brooks

Since the Gregorian dates appear only as comments they could be changed
easily.  Perhaps we should show both forms.  What do other people on
this list think should be done?
     John Sauter (john_sau...@systemeyescomputerstore.com)
Not two! That just begs more confusion. My complaint that 8601 style is not more widely adopted should not slow down your proposal - its a minor point of style.
-B