On 2016-04-27 11:53 AM, John Sauter wrote:
On Wed, 2016-04-27 at 11:41 -0400, Brooks Harris wrote:
Hi,

One quick comment -

Couldn't we computer folks start to use the very sensible ISO 8601
date format? For example

EXPIRATION_DATE=2457751 # 2016 12 28

-Brooks

I used Day Month Year with the month as a three-letter abbreviation
because the leap-seconds.list file from IETF (and I think others) does
it this way.  That is also my excuse for using "#" as the comment
marker.
     John Sauter (john_sau...@systemeyescomputerstore.com)
I understand. But its always seemed to me those old formats should be obsolesced, that ISO 8601 presented an attractive alternative, that the YMDhms order made such good sense. Of course formats must remain reverse compatible, so they've proably had to stick with what they'd done. But in your case the whole timescale is new (wait, maybe its old? :-) ) so its an opportunity to suggest adopting a more sensible and modern lexicon.

-Brooks

PGP fingerprint = E24A D25B E5FE 4914 A603  49EC 7030 3EA1
9A0B 511E