Bible bashers, if ever there was a case for compulsory abortion, but only if
the flag goes up before Howson gets the ball... or was it after?

On 6 Dec 2010, at 18:56, Allan Mikkelsen wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 07:44:46 +1100,Eric B <barl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> my point was always, and stil is: abortion IS illegal by law. nothing else,
>> nothing more.
>>
>> I do understand that practice of a low might be far from what the text of
>> the law states. One of the best examples of that is/was smoking
>> drugs in the Netherlands: my understanding it that it is not legal by law,
>> but tolerated. The purpose of that is that if the lawmakers must reverse
>> the decision to tolerate then (ie by pressure from EU?) then this can be
>> done very quickly without having to go through the motions of passing a new
>> law.
>
> The situation in Queensland is not for those reasons at all.  The simple
> fact is that the bible bangers are anti-abortion and they vote!  There is
> zero political will to change a law that will have zero change in practice
> but will cost them some political support.
>
> In some places (notably the US, but at least once in Australia), being
> pro-abortion and/or actually carrying them out can be signing your own death
> warrant.  So you simply turn a blind eye.

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your employer,
to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all
NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap,
browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (“BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your employer, its
partners, licensors, agents and assignees, in perpetuity, without prejudice to
my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the
authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.