It's not about fairness. I'd say Grella has a better goalscoring record than
Paynter in competitive games for us, but Grayson would apparently play a
20-year-old debutant defender as center-forward when we need a goal than he
would give Grella a chance. That's not fair either, as far as I'm concerned. To
me it's all about scoring goals in the league, and Paynter just hasn't done
that. And he's gotten himself injured at the start of two seasons in a row. I'd
have sold him (and Grella, since Grayson clearly doesn't rate him) this summer,
to be honest with you. Maybe Paynter was good for Swindon, but he isn't good
enough for us.

(And of course, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong by Paynter coming
back from injury, establishing himself as the first choice center-forward and
scoring 30 goals as he powers us to automatic promotion. I just don't think
that's going to happen.)

Cheers!

Sean