From: "Paul Cundell" <p...@cundell.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 11:18:17
To: <markbu...@aol.com>; <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: RE: [LU] What does this all mean?

Mark B wrote:
> With low interest rates it makes sense to borrow the money for the stadium
> work, unless the business was awash with cash - which it isn't.

I would agree if we were the owners of the stadium or were borrowing the
money to buy the stadium.
Why would you go into debt to renovate someone else's property? Why would
any right minded person advocate going in to debt to improve someone else's
property?

> We don't know how much is being spent on the stand - I'd be surprised it's
that
> much more than 5 million pounds.

But it is more than 5 million else the club wouldn't have stated that the
loan was to 'part fund' the development.

> Wages and associated costs seem to be above budget so it's just as well
> there's some headroom in the figures.
> It looks like a good set of figures that would make us attractive to an
investor.
> Especially if you could add premiership revenue to them.

What? We have budgeted to spend less this year than we spent last year and
you're ok with that?
We still, according to Ken, aren't going to spend as much this year on
player costs as we spent last year.

> But equally there's not enough money at the moment to go buying ER and TA
> back.

We borrowed a third of the value of the buyback clause to redevelop the
stadium whilst not owning it. We have sod all assets so it must be an
unsecured loan. In which case why not borrow to buy the stadium back with a
low interest loan secured on the ground? I'd wager the loan repayments would
be less than the rent we currently pay.

Cheers
Paul