figures schmigures Damian,  I'm proud of my dual french/british heritage and
the reality is that both countries along with the whole western world suffer
from broadly the same malaise of consuming too much and borrowing too much
and paying ourselves too much, in that respect there is a rizla (my fav
french product :) between us.  The only reason frogs and rosbifs aren't in
the same boat as the greeks atm is the enormous benefit we gleaned from a
couple of hundred years of colonialism.