some would say the UK is not a nation but a state, others call it a
nation-state. Depends what you read and who you talk to. The jury is out on
that one. As a foreigner I look at it as a state more
than a nation, ref. the scots wants to have a referendum about
independence. I ve never seen a nation divorce itself.

It is definitively not fair that suddenly its team GB in some instances but
in other instances its not. IE there is no GB in UEFA and FIFA football.
But suddenly in the olympics its cool? Suddenly having a vaster pool to
chose from is a form of cheating me says. Mind you, the french have got a
bit of the same where they draw on athletes from the old colonies I think,
right?

Of course you would say winter olympics are rubbish, you re shit at it.
just like we re shit at summer Olympics. we re in agreement there. Just so
long you realize your statement is only a relative truth.

Eric