Rich, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but to the casual observer, your
posts show an increasing frustration that Becchio is proving your opinion of
him very wrong. We've all been there. Taken a dislike to a player, only for
them to run into form. As a result, your every post has to pick at some failing
of his, desperate for something to back up a theory that is shot to ribbons.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but his goalscoring record is very similar to Sniffer
Clarke, Mick Jones and Lee Chapman? And, he's not playing in a team that spends
most of its time whupping the arses of the opposition.

Don't think anyone would ever claim he is as good as the aforementioned gods,
but we are not a premier league team, so no point judging him on that basis.
The best we can hope for from a forward at the moment is a player who will
score a decent number of goals in this league and Becchio does that. Not just
in the last few weeks, but in his career with Leeds.

Having an opinion about a midfielder or defender is one thing. It's pretty
subjective. A forward is different when he has a solid goalscoring record in a
mediocre team, over a good number of seasons. His ability is there in black and
white.

He's good enough, so look elsewhere for a scapegoat.