I think the problem here is that GFH are only middle men and this is exacerbated by the fact that they either don't have an end buyer for the club or their previously agreed end buyer has gone cold on them for whatever reason.

From day one GFH have been close to Bates. They both need each other by the sounds of it: Bates because he (or possibly his family) want him to off load and GFH because they need to keep their in to Bates live so as if and when they do have a committed buyer they can make a profit on the deal. Consider why there were three sets of lawyers involved and why Bates had his own and then decide which one you have to keep sweet for instance.

The individual representatives of GFH mentioned in GFH's comments may well not have been in touch with any supporters groups directly but its clear that someone has and I suspect that this is a third party handling that end of things for GFH.

Ted is absolutely correct about Gary Cooper, he has been measured in all his statements regarding this situation and I for one would be very surprised if a statement from the current owners of LUFC is not issued with a particular end in mind. Given his track record the last people Bates would want near any deal he was doing were supporters capable of understanding anything that he was about to do.

Bates favourite supporter is one who will continuously dip into his or her wallet to pass him another tenner whilst he pisses on their backs and tells them that is raining. To my mind these are now becoming rarer and rarer at Elland Road. Possibly another reason why he has decided that bingo with his wife is not that bad a prospect.

As ever with Leeds United, one can only wait and see but, in the meantime, take this statement with the usual shovel full of NaCl necessary when reading nonesense from the current owners.

Keep The Faith!

Betty

PS No man has ever lived for ever! (Well not in my lifetime)