>>It was a very very minor assault and does not warrant 4 months in the
big house, IMHO of course.<<

True if it had been outside a pub, but it was on a football field,  against
a player, during a game.

In my book, that's crossing a line that should not be crossed, and as  a
result, the strongest sentence available should be applied.

It wasn't, according to Sky Sports News, "because he had pleaded  guilty".

Run it past me how he might have pleaded not guilty??

I suspect, Ian, you'd be calling for the same punishments that I'm calling
for if it had been a Wednesday fan who'd pushed Kenny in the face.