From: leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org [mailto:leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org] On
Behalf Of Robert Woodmansey
Sent: Thursday, 7 March 2013 8:21 PM
To: Chris Briggs; John Boocock; RM Goodair
Cc: leedslist@gn.apc.org
Subject: Re: [LU] [NOn -LU] Older women

Im convalescing

A lot of time on my hands.

Im actually watching daytime TV for the first time ever. The great British
bake off and need to ask some gentlemen of a certain age some simple
questions.
Betty and Rog, has Kirsty Wark been elevated to the list of acceptable older
totty yet ? Cherie Lunghi, Francesca Annis, Sharon Stone  and Yasmin Le Bon,
if they come on the telly  in the ward is it OK if I have a tug under the
blanket ?

On 7 Mar 2013, at 08:38, Chris Briggs wrote:

> Blimey Rob, had they run out of Coco Pops and fizzy vimto again?
>

> On 7 Mar 2013, at 07:54, "Robert Woodmansey" <rob.woodman...@me.com>
wrote:

>> Just how stupid do I look? "Enter your PIN", grunts the uniformed
Neanderthal who has just manhandled my job lot of Filets de Cheval through
the checkout at the local branch of "a major supermarket". Really? And there
was me thinking I had to get my cock out and rub it on your funny little
machine to make it work.we've only had chip and PIN in this country for the
last fucking decade, you grotty little serving twerp. Not everyone who
passes through the doors of your establishment would lose a battle of wits
with the contents of the shelves, or is rendered so feeble and incontinent
by dementia that the aisle needs to be mopped after they've walked down it.

>> At least, that's what I should have said. But being British and
relatively well-brought-up, I simply paid up and pissed off. There would
also have been no point in the above diatribe, because most of the words in
it would have been far too long to have registered much more than the merest
electro-chemical blip in the junk-food-and-alcopop-stunted frontal lobes of
the recipient. Take a look around you the next time you're queueing at a
checkout and you'll realize that Planet of the Apes was in fact a
groundbreaking and prophetic documentary.

>> It's enough to inspire a degree of sympathy with the 83-year-old
Birmingham woman banned for life from her local Tesco for allegedly
"bullying" the staff when they neglected to serve her at the deli counter
with what she considered the requisite degree of responsiveness. She was
only after two slices of ham. Unfortunately, whether or not she is actually
guilty of ramming staff with her trolley as alleged, she instantly loses all
credibility with her counter-argument to the accusation: "I watch Songs of
Praise every week for goodness sake, I hardly go around attacking people".
No, love, not personally perhaps. But on the other hand, you do adhere to a
belief system based on fantasy, bigotry and a complete disregard for the
established facts of physical science that has over the centuries accounted
for untold millions of war dead, embraced torture as a means of determining
guilt or innocence, repressed just about every minority you can think of and
worst of all still persists to this day as a legitimate component part of
our state and government.

>> But I digress. Poking fun at religious fantasists is too easy. At least
the lady in question could have been reasonably sure that what she would
have got at the deli counter, had she not attempted to emasculate the
serving ape with a trolley, originated from a pig, because you can generally
see what it is they are flogging you.

>> The issue of the moment as far as supermarkets are concerned appears to
be that anything less immediately recognisable, i.e. anything packaged, can
no longer be guaranteed to contain precisely what is described on the
outside. This is a scandal of titanic proportions, so we are told. Well,
what a load of patronising, middle-England Daily Mail-reading bollocks. The
British public will quite happily gobble down all manner of rancid,
stomach-turning shit, by choice, without batting an eyelid. Why? Because
most of the great unwashed know no better, and have grown up on.well.Coke,
gristle and chips, basically.

>> How are we topping the international leaderboard in obesity if we are all
so fucking particular about what we eat? Does the pallid, acne-ridden
job-avoider queueing at the kebab van give an ounce of thought to the
contents of that greasy pensioner's leg revolving so temptingly on the spit?
Of course not. No, claiming that this is all a crusade to defend the
public's health is disingenuous at best. The whole thing smells worse than
the festering contents of a fatty's unwashed rolls of flab.

>> Somebody, somewhere wants to stick it to the retail food giants and the
meat trade. More than likely, some group of disaffected left-wing vegetarian
fairies lurking on the back benches with nothing better to do now that it's
not their turn to fuck the country. The only people who give a toss are the
pointless media twats who exist only to perpetuate crises and the
politicians who instantly pop their heads up like coked-up pinstripe
meerkats the minute there is a whiff of potential airtime. In any case, I
can absolutely guarantee you that for well over 90% of the
kebab-and-pot-noodle-consuming general population, horse meat would
represent a radically beneficial shift in their overall dietary health.

>> So bring it on. Quite apart from anything else, more horse on the menu
means fewer fat-arsed equestrian toffee-noses self-righteously blocking up
the roads round my way.I just saw Labour's latest political broadcast on
immigration and "one nation Labour" and I'm heading form the vomitorium