More sense from the manager !
How many times in the last few seasons have we seen players in totally the
wrong position?
Not any more (hopefully)

The starting eleven today could be very telling - of course Byram and Diouf
will both be missing, and Byram if fit will be in the starting XI once the
season starts, Diouf may start or may be a bench warmer I suppose

Not sure what all this says about the future (or lack of it) of Ryan Hall who
missed the Slovenia tour due to his girlfriend having a baby

Anyway - this is the latest from McDermott

"The slow trickle of players into Elland Road has increasingly dictated
McDermott’s strategy for the new term with the Leeds manager committing to a
midfield diamond formation.
His tactics during three years at Reading were more reliant on wingers, helped
by the presence of Jimmy Kebe and Jobi McAnuff in his squad, but McDermott is
lacking wide options at United and is likely to use his established formation
again during this afternoon’s friendly against Walsall.
“I like the way that the formation works,” he said. “It fits the players and
you have to get a formation that fits them. There’s no point trying to put
square pegs in round holes. It’s not what you do.
“You have a set of players and you find a formation. Because of that,
formations to me are pretty irrelevant. It’s all about the players.”