I was always fairly ambivalent towards Lucy - I never really understood the
hero status he got compared to the stick the miles better (in my opinion)
Beckford got in the same team.
He did have a decent scoring record albeit,as with many strikers, it was
inflated by a number of penalties in his last season (I know they still need
scoring but it does over-exaggerate his goals per games ratio in a way) and to
get into our top ten of all time is no mean feat.

Having said all that I do tend to go with the adage 'never go back' - I know
both Baird and to an extent Batty both came back and did well enough but they
are the exception.
Other than a morale boost amongst his many fans (and the opposite amongst his
fewer but not insubstantial number of detractors) I do not see what he will
bring to the team that we cannot get from other players out there who do not
have his 'baggage' / history etc

I think tonight is a massive game, lose or draw and the season is as good as
over, win and we can all get a lift and begin to dream of getting near the play
offs again.

I think it is very important that we keep McDermott for the long term and a bad
result tonight would begin to put pressure on him (even this early) and lose
some of the goodwill that he has amongst fans.

I am surprised that fans on waccoe are saying that even season ticket holders
are giving tonight a miss due to recent results and performances. I cannot
believe that anyone would pay £400 or whatever for a full seasons football and
then pack it in after 4 home games - assuming that if today goes badly they
will not be coming again ?

Hopefully things will go right tonight and we will get a victory and maybe the
first one where we win by more than 2 goals for a couple of seasons !

I see that Ian Harte is back in their squad, surely we have the pace somewhere
in the team to take advantage of his lack of speed ?