You may be right about his agent being behind this Paul. Apparently his
contract with St Etienne expires in 2015 so the timing would fit with your
assessment. This time it feels to have more legs about it for me though.

As regards swapping French top tier with our 2nd tier I do not think that is an
issue. Apart from PSG I reckon wages in English Championship would be
comparable with most French clubs and definitely St Etienne.

I've already said he'd follow the money so I don't think the World Cup is a
factor.

You will have gathered I hope it is his agent behind this and I personally am
not bothered about having him back.

MOT