22/3/2014 - Been quite busy trying to catch up with things around the house,
car maintenance, appointment for myself and being at the hospital.  I will
be returning to work on the 1st of April on a graduated scale so I can still
attend to steve in the afternoons and evenings.  He is doing better.  The
catheter has been out for a few days and things are working normally. Physio
only showed up twice this week.  It would be better if they could come more
often. He sits up in the chair when someone is available to bring the hoist
in.  He has been suffering with constipation for three days and they finally
gave him something last night to move stuff along.  His appetite is so- so
because if this but he is drinking plenty.  I gave him his phone as it makes
him feel like he is in contact with the world and he can call me when he
wants to.  It also helps work his hands and fingers.  He is really bored and
get cranky.  Naps are still high on the list. Now to just get the physio to
show up more.  Evidently he is to young for some of the therapy that could
be used, according to his doctor.  What the hell does age have to do with
it?  If it will help regain use of his legs then go for it.  I'm work with
him on the arms and hands and he is coming along. Still needs help with soup
and liquid stuff but is making progress.  They are hoping he can come home
by Easter!  I'm good with that! I'm home this morning waiting for the
cleaner and then have to go collect my medicines and get some stamps. He is
impatiently waiting for me to arrive by noon. Hopefully he will be bathed,
dressed in clean tee shirt and had his meds and had breakfast. I took him in
a book which he reads a bit before falling asleep. TV is NOT entertaining!
Well best get moving and get my shower so I am ready to go when the cleaner
is done. Feel free to pass this on to whomever you think will be interested.
They are all probably bored silly by now! Catch you later!  Paula