The FL would argue it has not been applied arbitrarily.

Yeung stood down from all football related positions at Brum and my
understanding is that a slow process of dispoal is underway there
(complicated by the fact Brum are a listed club in the Far East). How
genuine that process of disposal is may be open to question but more
highlights an inherent shortcoming in the rule (how do you force someone to
dispose if there is no credible buyer).

Oysten at Blackpool has had much dirt thrown at him, as far as I am aware
though Oysten the younger has never been convicted of any offence.
Allegation and claim are not grounds to disqualify.

Shaun Harvey has associated himself with some distinctly unpleasant club
owners and been around plenty of car crashes, but never been alleged or
convicted of any impropriety.

Cellino has been done for tax evasion and an offence of dishonesty.

There are plenty of football club owners with sizeable question marks over
their heads. That is exactly why Fit & Proper was brought in. Most of them
are smart/lucky enough to keep the claims as smoke and allegations. Cellino
has been follish enough to get done.

If you want you can say the moral of the story is not about being Fit
& Proper, but rather about not getting caught, but the fact is we have
the one owner who is transparently convicted of an offence of dishonesty,
and the FL rules are clear that is a disqualifying event.  That's Cellino's
fault. nobody else's. Would be nice if he took some responsibility for his
actions now.