      From: Guy Bonello <bone...@maltanet.net>
 To: N H <bl...@att.net>
Cc: Leeds List <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
 Sent: Monday, 19 January 2015, 19:14
 Subject: [LU] Lu: Appeal lost

Cellino is banned until mid-April as that's when the current conviction for
evading VAT on his yacht is considered spent in English law.

Later this year, he is up in court again in Italy in two separate cases
relating to evading VAT on a different yacht, and a Land Rover.
The details of those cases appear identical to the case he has already been
convicted of, so we can assume he will be found guilty again.
If he is, the League will haul him in front of their panel again and he will
be banned again, but this time it will be for 12 months because the
conviction is not spent until a year after it is imposed.

Separate to all that he is also under investigation relating to suspected
fraud to do with the redevelopment of the Cagliari stadium.
He's already been arrested and put in prison over that some time ago but was
released on bail. That investigation still has some way to go.

There also is another investigation into possible tax evasion relating to
transfer of players at Cagliari.

And of course he has already been convicted of  fraud against the EU, but
Leeds cannot be punished for that as that conviction is spent.

Cellino's either really unlucky or really stupid. I incline towards the
latter.

- Did GFH know all this, but did not give a damn and still sold him the
Club?
- Did the FL know this, but  their rules are useless and couldn't prevent
Cellino from buying the Club?
- Does Cellino have a future at Leeds?