Driving home and listening to Noel Whelan and the RL team I wondered whether I
had been at the same game. For me this was a poor quality game littered with
poor passing, mistimed tackles, missed chances and poor control all over the
pitch from both teams but I'd say mainly us as we had the lions share of
possession.

I thought we started really brightly shooting towards the Kop, with Byram,
Cook, Taylor and especially Mowatt all looking lively and we created one or two
decent the hearest coming from a great move which Byram side footed just past
the post. It would have been a great goal.

Unfortunately it didn't last long and we faded badly and let a poor Millwall
side back in to the game. Our defence looked amateurish a times and Millwall
should have equalised with a couple of good chances the best ending up in the
side netting.

On 30 minutes we got a free kick. Mowatt, our liveliest player in the first
half hit it well and with the help of someone's head in the wall ended up in
the back of the net.

The goal made them push forward more which helped us to produce a strong end to
the half with Morrison finding Rudy at the back post. His flying volley was
more spectacular than threatening. The finally the chance of the half with the
hard running Morrison latching on to a poor backpass. The keeper came storming
out and all Morrison had to do was chip it over him or take it around him
instead he lacked conviction and did neither and the keeper won the challenge.
It typified Morrison's game at the moment. He got himself into the right
position but failed to convert.

So 1-0 up was probably deserved even though we'd struggled for most of the
half. Millwall looked like a team that could offer little.

Second half was pretty dire. Loads of effort but basic errors from both teams
led to a game littered with mistakes. Lewis Cook was lively throughout and had
a number of good runs but time after time he gave the ball away cheaply. Once
he cuts this out of his game he will be a top player but today he showed he's
got a lot to learn.

There's not much else to say other than Millwall had a few decent chances,
Silvestri flapped at crosses and we caught them on the break time after time
but Morrison , Wooton and sub Antenucci ( for Rudy) squandered the lot. In
Antenucci's case he missed in my opinion the 2 best chances of the game. The
first he ballooned in to the South stand as the ball was played to him. At very
least he should have tested the keeper, it was a bad miss. And the second was a
good run from him which he only had to roll inside to Mowatt for a certain
goal, instead he inexplicably rolled it forward into the keeper's hands.
Another striker lacking in confidence and his case minutes in the pitch.

Then Scott Wooton had a clear header in the box , but he just David
Weatheralled it over the bar. piss poor.

The only notable other chance was an excellent run and shot from Murphy which
was well saved.

Milwall had one final chance when sub Ricardo Fuller created a great chance and
shot well into the side netting. I thought it was in. I don't think Millwall
deserved anything but it wouldn't have been a travesty if they had, they had
enough chances and I'd ignore the 2 clean sheets stats and watch the game back
and look at the indecision, bad marking, poor clearances throughout the back
four. It was poor defending throughout.

Scores

Silvestri - 5 Mr Flappy, needs to sort this out.

Wooton - 3. Wank.

Bamba - 6. Our best defender but him and Bellusci did not play well together in
my opinion.

Bellusci - 4. He is all over the shop, don't rate him as a central defender.

Taylor - 6. I thought he contributed well going forward. My main concern is
when he's on the back foot, he doesn't look like a natural defender to me.

Cook - 6. I think that was one of his poorest games he's had but he was still
bloody lively and covered as much ground as anyone.

Mowatt - 7. I thought he did well in spells and scored a good goal however I'm
not sure he has the legs to be really threatening on the left wing.

Murphy - 7. Probably one of the best games I've seen him have without being
spectacular. He was tidy on the ball, linked up well, had one decent shot and
generally was consistent in the middle of the park. I despair at times still
with his corners and crosses which just plop over with no conviction.

Austin - 6. Playing in advanced role , almost has a second striker he made his
mark without really creating too much.

Morrison - 5. Some good play, some good defensive headers, some good link up
play and lots of effort but he looks goal shy and lacking in confidence. He
should have scored today. I do still think he is the best option and I think
when he gets his goal he will go on to better things. It's due though !

Byram - 7. Started really well, his chance was cover and unlucky. I think he
would score regularly playing in that Austin role centrally. I think he gets
lost in the right wing. He's a young Steven Gerard.

Subs-

Antenucci - 5 looked lively but messed up the 2 best chances of the game.

Crowd - 24,000 exactly with very few from Millwall. Yes they moan about ticket
arrangements etc but there's no real excuse for such a poor turnout. Let's face
facts they are a third division club.

12th now apparently. I just want a few more wins to ensure we don't get
relegated. I don't think we are a good team ....... But we are young and
hopefully will improve with a few more wins / goals.