The trouble with Grimes is he doesn't really seem to bring anything to the
game when he comes on  - not really an attacking threat to occupy their
defenders, and no physical presence.

Monk seems to be a bit torn about how to use his subs - is he going to push
to extend the lead, or hold what he has? If the latter, he would probably
be better to bring on Coyle on the right side as an extra defensive cover
(or have Denton on the bench as well, for the same down the left). Or let
Vieira come on and put himself about. At least he has a presence.

What is all goes to show is we have notionally quite a large squad, but in
terms of real options off the bench, a paucity of quality.