Another 3 points on our march to the Prem
We made hard work of it but it is 4 wins on the bounce so not to be sneezed at.
To be fair the scoreline totally flattered them - we dominated pretty much from
first to last with the odd period when we lost our way
We could have gone ahead very early on when Roofe fired just wide and we had
plenty of chances to take the lead before a bit of slack defending led to Nanki
Wells being through 2 on 1 on BPF and his clinical finish gave the keeper no
chance. Wells did the old hands behind his ear celebration as if we could give
a toss who he had played for and got booked for it
At that stage we were glad to see Saiz back in the starting line up but felt
that Bielsa had missed a trick in not starting with Clarke but perservering
with the hard working but limited Alioski.
We then had a bit of a wobble but kept at it as the minutes ticked down and
they wasted time at every opportunity. Then just as we thought we would be
going in a goal down there was a bit of a scramble at the far end (from me) and
it ended with Roofe scoring a real poachers goal, and although it was pretty
much the last kick of the half it was no more than we deserved.
The goal probably led to Bielsa keeping the same players on the pitch and to
keep both Clarke and the returning Bamford on the bench.
We continued to dominate and the general mood in a large but subdued crowd was
that it was just a matter of time, as we attacked again and again. Then miracle
of miracles their lad handled in the box - not sure how the ref spotted it and
i have not seen it on TV but it looked 100% nailed on penalty from my seat . A
bit of argument ensued between Klich Hernandez and Roofe with the latter
getting the ball and making no mistake from the spot as he hit it hard and low
as the keeper went the wrong way -a  good pen and 2 1 up
We really needed the 3rd to make sure of the points but we failed to make the
most of our dominance and arses were twitching a bit when Matt Smith came on
and they got a couple of throw ins, free kicks and corners into the box. Bielsa
did manage to negate Smth by sending on Halme who matched him for height and
beat him a couple of times in the air
Whilst never really in danger of losing any points it was relief as much as joy
that greeted the final whistle
Once again Bielsa had made light of our injuries with Shackleton doing a great
job at right back and Phillips taking to his centre half role as if he was born
to it
So overall a welcome and deserved 3 pts but not that convincing and going
forwards we do need to learn how to finish teams off - we nearly lost 2 pts v
Reading and although QPR never really looked like getting the equaliser it was
always a possibilty
So a bit of a gap now between us and 3rd and even more between us and 7th so it
is hard to moan about things as the last home game before Christmas brought
home the 3 pts - need to do the same next week at Bolton and then Villa away
may not matter that much