Who knows where this damned virus may end up, but if we assume there will be no
return to the ‘new’ reality before September, then unless games have been
played behind closed doors (I think that is unlikely) then you either finish
the season in Oct/Nov, or scrap it. The next big problem is that the new normal
from September onwards will be nothing like we’ve seen before e.g. do we really
think there’ll immediately be 35k allowed into Elland Rd?, will games be
postponed if x players from a squad have a flair up?, will the whole of next
season be completely restructured prior to it starting? Maybe all that will be
possible in 2020 is actually finishing the 2019/2020 season, and then wonder
what is left after that?

By the way, I say September as that is the 6 month point - schools and
universities in the uk look like they’ll be shut until then (our daughter does
not have to pay accom costs for the Easter term, as it will be distance
learning only), and hearing the deputy med officer talking about 3-6 months
tells you all you need to know.

Bloody grim outlook!

Sent from my iPad