Totally agree Nick. I might sound like a broken record but having a team built
around Philps, with him taking all set pieces is building a team of mediocrity.
He's totally one paced and as you say when he gets the ball the whole tempo
slows. I thought Steve McClaren talked a lot of shit when he was commentating
on the Fulham game but when asked about Philips being an England candidate he
said something really interesting. He said, Philips first thought always needs
to be a forward pass. More than often Philips will get the ball, control it and
then play a backward or square pass.
Last night as really poor for me. Bamford has lost it. Nobody can defend him as
he's not playing as a striker and when he is presented with a good chance he
doesn't look like he's got the confidence to convert. I used to rate him but
he's not the footballer who first joined us or scored all those goals for Boro.
Costa is another who isn't delivering.
Klich appears to be doing a lot of running but not actually doing anything.
I could go on but I'm just going to depress myself.
I don't think we're going to do it.

    On Wednesday, 1 July 2020, 00:48:01 BST, Nicholas Armit via Leedslist