A tad pissed off after last night and not felt that for a while which is good.
I thought Wolves played the perfect game, they defended en masse with 3 central
defenders and despite us coming out of the tracks fast they never really looked
in trouble demonstrated by the fact that their keeper has not had to make a
decent save all night.
It really was the same story as we have seen many times under Bielsa. Lots of
possession, lots of good link up play, lots of good positions but then failing
to really hurt the opposition in the last 3rd. Costa did some great things in
the first 15 minutes but what did he really have to show for it  ? Knack all
apart from a feeble penalty claim. On the other side, Harrison was up to his
old tricks, promising lots and delivering nothing. I think both Costa and
Harrison will be hanging on to their shirts in the coming weeks with Poveda and
Rafinha improving every week.
And there's Lord Bamford. Great start to the season but in a game like this
he's never gonna get a sniff. Surely there was a case of taking him off and
trying something different ?
Wolves second half, upped the tempo and for the first time for a while I
thought we looked knackered. Philips who strolled through most of the first
half with little to do other than pass backwards or square suddenly found
himself outrun, outpaced and outclassed in midfield. His passing game also
deserted him and he looked a sorry sight before being moved into the back four.
Klich doesn't help him. People always say, Klich does a lot of things that you
don't appreciate. Maybe but last night, his little flicks and passes weren't
cutting it and I just wanted to see him roll up his sleeves and help Kalvin
out. He didn't.
Wolves are a very good side, with very good players. I thought they thoroughly
deserved the win. On to Villa.
Miesler - 7. Didn't do much wrong and made a good save at the end of the first
half
Ayling - 6. Started well but second half he totally lost his passing range and
kept giving the ball away. Great block 2nd half.
Dallas - 6. Was pinned back but he stuck to his task and actually defended ok.
Got skinned once first half.
Koch - 8. Didn't really out a foot wrong and looked commanding on the ball
first half. His cleared header went straight to Siass for their disallowed goal
but it was hrdly a mistake. Like the look of this lad.
Strujik - 7. Did really well. I think he is pushing Cooper for that place now.
Slipped for the goal but that was unfortunate.
Philips - 4. I think we should be prepared for more matches like this for him.
He's going to really struggle in this league. How anyone thinks he is
international / top PL class is beyond me ?
Klich - 5. Flitting around but not contributing
Harrison - 4. Very disappointing.
Costa - 5. Good start then you forgot he was on the pitch.
Rodrigo - 7. I thought he was lively throughout but again not really hurting
the opposition. Be good if Bamford had the ability to play some football with
him. At least Hernandez tried to play on his level.
Bamford - 4. Really poor, marked out of the game.
Subs:
Hernandez - 7. I thought he looked lively and if he is fit then he plays for
me.
Poveda - 4. Just didn't figure but I don't really blame him for that
Raninha - 6. Looked lively.