Can't disagree with anything there. Chelsea looked much better than anything I
have seen from this season.
Nick
    On Sunday, December 6, 2020, 06:05:21 AM EST, Nick
<n...@6haroldplace.co.uk> wrote:

 Hard not to agree that Chelsea were better than us in most aspects of the game
- whereas Leicester soaked up pressure and sucker-pinched us with speed and
skill (rope-a-dope) - Chelsea showed basically what our system looks like with
better quality players.

Cooper, Alioski, Dallas, Klich, Harrison (and perhaps Ayling…) all looked this
was the level that was just beyond them. Which is harsh given how superb all
have been for the last 2 or 3 years, and given the improvement that each has
seen in their own game. We’ve seen that these guys can make it happen to a
level just around the European qualification mark but that to be truly pushing
at the top we can’t have that many players out of 11 not quite making it. All
of which sounds like damning them, it is not meant to, I have been stunned by
how much better our team and these individuals have got in the last 26 months -
and how much I have enjoyed watching us play, for the first time since O’Leary
really - and if we finish where we are now in the league, the fact that that
would feel like a small disappointment tells you how far we’ve come - but in
the end there are limits to what training and coaching will achieve, especially
against bottomless wallets.

Bamford’s goal was absolutely top drawer - the pass out of defence, Phillips’
first time ball (I have rarely seen a better weighted pass, and with his
‘wrong' foot), and the first touch and the finish - he still had work to do to
get the finish right. Yes, their keeper made a strange decision. No stranger
than their winger who somehow cleared that ball off our goal line via the
crossbar a few minutes later.

It felt like we were in the game for the first hour, but their second goal
really did for us - they apparently score a lot from corners - the delivery is
good and that time Zouma absolutely dominated the box for that header. A bit
like Liverpool’s second, and like that one, there were bodies tumbling in box
in the path of the onrushing goalscorer - it looks like American football,
where teams chuck in blockers to clear a path for the quarter back - hard to
tell if it is a tactic or just luck - either way we need to be tougher and
cannier when defending set pieces.

I thought we struggled down our left all game - which may be the result of
their right back, James, who really was something else - but as Rich says,
we’re playing someone out of position at left back…and Cooper is at his limit.
We may be better with 3 CHalfs and 5 across the middle, if we can’t find a good
full back. I thought Llorente did OK in what were difficult circumstances for
him - when fit, I see him and Koch as the natural CHalf pairing.

We do have to find a place for Rodrigo to start, he gives a muscularity and
drive that we seem shy of, when pushing forward. Raphina did OK when he was in
the game…and could very well have got us a second with that shot and rebound in
the second half, but we didn’t get the ball to him enough.

We commented after about 55 minutes that names we hadn’t heard from the
commentators anything like as much as we normally do were Dallas, Klich,
Harrison…which shows that our midfield was second to pretty much everything.

I dislike Frank Lampard just a little bit more now.

Nick

Dorigo's Right Buttock...