I’m finding the tone of the criticism of some of our players a little
dispiriting. Are they Champions League players? Probably not. But the
alternative to them is to bring in an entirely new squad at great risk and
expense. Personally, I’m proud of how well they’ve played so far, making the
absolute most of their ability at 100% commitment to our club. Yes, they’ll
slowly be replaced over the next few seasons as better alternatives come along
- but I don’t think it’s on to slag them off, as it were...

Let’s face it, if you’d offered us 17th on goal difference at the start of the
season we’d have at least thought about it. It looks like we’re going to do
better than that, so let’s give them credit for that.